I am not a morning person, so I absolutely love this no-bake recipe!
It is so nice to have a quick, healthy, on-the-go breakfast ready for me upon waking in the morning. After drinking a large 8oz glass of water (yes, every morning!) to get the "oil" flowing in my body, I pop one or two of these banana bites and I'm ready to start my day.
Eating within 90 minutes of waking and making sure to always drink a glass of water to start your day will help to ensure your blood sugar levels stay stabilized and you're hormones don't go crazy. Alisa Vitti from FloLiving also recommends the following protocol in the morning to help with managing your blood sugar levels:
- Don't consume caffeine of any kind before having breakfast
- Eat a protein-rich food with breakfast, such as eggs, a vegan protein shake, or smoked salmon
- Minimize carbohydrates to 30 grams in the morning
Here's the ingredients that you'll need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons of organic dark chocolate chips
-1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1. Mash up the bananas either in a large mixing bowl with a fork or with your Ninja Chopper.
2. Stir in the almond butter, honey (I melted mine a little first), flaxseed, chia seeds, and cinnamon.
3. Then, mix in the rolled oats and chocolate chips.
4. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a 1-inch ball and place on a cookie sheet. Your hands may get a little sticky, no worries!
5. Refrigerate or freeze. You choose!
Have you tried this recipe? Comment below with your pictures and thoughts! Like it? Share it!